6 Things You Can’t Miss in Hawaii – Best Things to do on Oahu
Planning an Oahu Vacation can be overwhelming. To take the stress out of searching through all of the Oahu Activities we have come up with a list of the Best Things to do on Oahu. We tried to narrow it down to 5 but there are 6 Oahu Activities we feel like everyone should experience!
1. Pay Your Respects at Pearl Harbor On December 7, 1941 Japan attacked the United States at Pearl Harbor. This attack led to the United States’ entry into World War II. Today at Pearl Harbor visitors have the opportunity to take a short boat ride to the USS Arizona Memorial to pay their respects to the lost. Check out our tips for visiting Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona Memorial.
2. Experience a Luau Enjoy delicious Hawaiian food and a thrilling Polynesian show at an Oahu Luau! According to Tripadvisor, Chief’s Luau is the #1 rated luau in Hawaii. Chief’s Luau is home to world champion fire-knife dancers. This interactive luau will have you laughing, singing, dancing and making memories for a lifetime.
3. Explore the North Shore of Oahu On your Oahu Vacation be sure to venture to the North Shore of Oahu to see another side of Hawaii. The North Shore is home to the famous surf locations such as Waimea Bay, Pipeline and Sunset Beach. Relax on beautiful beaches, explore the town of Haleiwa, visit Waimea Falls, and enjoy delicious food such as Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck and Ted’s Bakery!
If you want to have an amazing North Shore Adventure but want to leave the driving to a professional be sure to check out the Hawaii Turtle Tour. This is an Oahu Circle Island Tour that includes a stop of the North Shore of Oahu for snorkeling and the opportunity to swim with Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles.
Another thrilling North Shore of Oahu Adventure is Hawaii Shark Encounters! See sharks in their natural territory in the safety of a shark cage with polyglass windows.
4. Waikiki Beach A trip to Oahu is not complete without spending some time on world famous Waikiki Beach! On Waikiki Beach you can soak up the sun, swim in the beautiful water, learn to surf, enjoy a Mai Tai at Duke’s Waikiki and take in a beautiful sunset. If you are up for it I highly recommend hiking to the top of Diamond Head. Not only is it a great hike but at the top you are rewarded with breathtaking views of Waikiki!
5. Snorkel Hawaii is home to beautiful marine life! Be sure to grab a mask and snorkel to view the colorful fish, green sea turtles and the living coral reef. The most popular place to snorkel on Oahu is Hanauma Bay. There are a variety of Oahu Snorkeling Tours to choose from. You can even snorkel with dolphins and green sea turtles!
6. Get Leid Leis are traditional flower necklaces given as a sign of welcoming and to show affection. Hawaiian Leis are given for any important event such as welcoming, birthdays, marriage, anniversaries and births. Being greeted with a fragrant Hawaiian Lei after a flight is the best way to get into the aloha spirit! The lei greeters at the Honolulu Airport on Oahu offer a variety of leis including Dendrobium Orchid Leis, Ti Leaf Leis, Tuberose Leis, Kukui Nut Leis, Cigar Leis, Candy Leis and even a Kukui Nut Bracelet! Hawaiian Lei Greetings are also available on Maui, Kauai and the Big Island.
It was tough to limit our list of the the Best Things to do on Oahu to 6. Which Oahu Tours and Oahu Activities do you think are the Best Things to do on Oahu?