Happy New Year in Hawaii – Hau’oli Makahiki Hou
Today is the last day of 2013. As always I like to reflect on the year and plan for the year ahead. As I look back on Hawaii Discount Blog I can’t even believe all of the amazing opportunities I had in 2013. I was proud of myself for conquering Koko Head and hiking to the top. One of my favorite experiences was Horseback Riding with Princeville Ranch Adventures. It was year of learning as I took some Hawaiian Proverbs to heart and realized that getting lost is part of the journey.
Happy New Year in Hawaii – Hau’oli Makahiki Hou! Be sure to check out the top blog posts of 2013!
5. Airline Rules Compensation for Denied Boarding – The owner of HawaiiDiscount.com shares his experience of being bumped from a flight and gives his advice about your rights and compensation if you are involuntarily denied boarding.
4. Hawaiian Proverbs – I love to share my favorite Hawaiian Proverbs. As I think back on 2013 I remind myself of He lawai’a no ke kai papa’u, he pokole ke aho; he lawai’a no ke kai hohonu he loa ke aho. A fisherman of shallow seas uses only a short line; a fisherman of the deep sea uses a long line. You will only go as far as you allow yourself. You will only reach as far as you aim and prepare yourself to reach. In 2014 I plan to cast a long line and set my sights high to achieve success.
3. Hawaiian Lei Greetings at the Honolulu Airport – Hawaiian Lei Greetings are the best way to start a Hawaii Vacation. I was greeted with a fragrant white tuberose lei and John received a beautiful cigar lei at the Honolulu Airport. Check out the post and find out our first stop after arriving on Oahu.
2. Duck Dynasty Hawaii Vacation – Duck Dynasty is one of the most popular reality tv shows. In the 3rd season of Duck Dynasty Willie takes the entire family to the Aloha State. My Duck Dynasty Post recaps the episode and includes the Hawaii Activities I would have suggested for the Robertson Family Hawaii Vacation.
1. Catching Fire Hunger Games Film Locations – Last November Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson said Aloha to Hawaii as they filmed at Waiehee & Heeia State Parks, Kawela Bay, Paradise Park, and Kawela Bay in Hawaii. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire just surpassed the $400M box office mark internationally which means the diverse beauty of Hawaii is being shared with the world.
I am excited about what 2014 will bring! Hawaii Discount will be unveiling the new look of it’s website early 2014. The updated website will make it even quicker and easier to order the best Hawaii Activities with the same low price guarantee. Many mahalos and aloha to all of the readers of Hawaii Discount Blog and I hope you have a Happy New Year in Hawaii or wherever you will be ringing in 2014.
Hau’oli Makahiki Hou! Happy New Year!