Holidays in Hawaii
If you need convincing that Hawaii is the best place to celebrate the holidays we came up with 11 Reasons to spend the Holidays in Hawaii.
1. Santa arrives on an outrigger canoe!
2. Kalua Pig cooked in an imu is the ultimate Christmas feast. You can even attend a Hawaiian luau on Christmas Day or New Years Eve!
3. Palm trees are often decorated but for those that want a traditional Christmas tree you can get an Island Norfolk Pine or a Leyland Cypress Tree grown at Helemano Farms near Dole Pineapple Plantation.
4. You can hang up slippahs as your stockings.
5. Enjoying a delicious Shave Ice beats building a snowman.
6. Honolulu City Lights is a month long display that includes a 50 foot Christmas tree, oversize sculptures, food booths, beautiful lights, adorned wreaths and jolly carnival rides. Don’t miss the famous Shaka Santa with Tutu Mele at the City Hall Foundation.
7. The Hawaiian Sunset is more beautiful than any Christmas lights.
8. In addition to the popular Christmas song Mele Kalikimaka, there are a some great Hawaiian Christmas Songs. You can learn to hula to “Here Comes Santa in a Red Canoe.” Don’t miss out on the Hawaiian Version of the 12 Days of Christmas. My favorite lines from “Numbah One Day of Christmas” are the 4th Day of Christmas they receive 4 Flower Leis and the 9th Day of Christmas they receive 9 Pounds of Poi.
9. If you are on the Big Island you can take advantage of the multiple climate zones and have the best of both worlds. Ski at Mauna Kea on Christmas morning and snorkel in Kona on Christmas afternoon.
10. You are in the most beautiful place on the planet.
11. You can spend the Holidays in Hawaii enjoying the beauty of the islands with fun Hawaii Activities such as Surfing, Luaus, Whale Watching, Hawaii Zipline Tours, Dinner Cruises, Horseback Riding, Volcano Tours and more! Check out Hawaii Discount for a complete list of the best Hawaii Activities but be sure to reserve your activities soon because they fill up quickly during the holidays.
The sweaters and ties will go out of style, the electronics will break, the kids will stop playing with the toys, but the memories of a Hawaii Vacation will last forever!
What reasons can you think of for spending the holidays in Hawaii?